Our interior design services include:
- Healthcare Interior Design
- Corporate Interior Design
- Education Interior Design
- Hospitality Interior Design
- Window Treatment Design
- Model Apartment Interior Design
- Residential Interior Design
- Programming & Space Planning
- Functional use and relationship studies
- Communications and work flow analyses
- Space planning documents produced on Auto Cad
- Project estimates and value engineering
- Green Design/ Sustainable Products
- Interior Finishes
- Interior finish selection and specification
- Contract documents, bid docs, specs
- Project Management
- Interior Renderings (3D Rendering)
- Furnishings and Accessories
- Inventory services and existing furniture evaluation
- Specification/bid document
- Procurement and installation of furnishings
- Moving services and installation documents
- Interior Signage, way finding and graphics
- Window treatments, specification and/or procurement
- Selection and installation of artwork and accessories
* Safety, accessibility and ergonomics are always a part of our design. When it comes to specifying commercial interiors, product durability, maintenance and cost are only one portion of the decision making process.
Procurement Services - Design Specialists is capable of providing and installing the following products:
- Wall coverings
- Window Treatments
- Healthcare Related Product
- Artwork and Accessories
Our clients include healthcare, corporate, education, hospitality, and residential markets.
|Window Treatment Portfolio
Interior Design Assistant
Laurin joined the Design Specialist Team in June of 2013. She has a very unique position within the company being that she helps in many aspects of the office. One of Laurin’s important contributions is maintaining and organizing our 4,000 square foot interiors library. This includes keeping our samples current as well as scheduling meetings for our sales representatives to showcase new products. She also creates our interior finishes “big boards” and “baby boards.” The “big boards” are for the designers to present multiple schemes to the client while the “baby boards” are sent to our clients and contractors as a complete view of the products they have selected for their specific projects. In addition, Laurin generates purchase orders, tracks and receives shipments and supports our designers, estimators and installation crew as needed. In her spare time she enjoys being with her horse, goat and dog and she actively volunteers at a local dog rescue. Laurin is a valuable member of the Design Specialists’ Team, as her “behind the scenes” work keep the office running smoothly.
Meghan joined the Design Specialists team in June of 2014. She carries a wide array of responsibilities at her position in the company. She focuses on the AutoCAD work for floor plan drawing specifications; from room finish schedules, to furniture floor plans, to elevations and shop drawings. She also enjoys selecting and specifying materials for projects from the floor finishes all the way up to the ceiling. In addition to that, she works on bidding window treatments for contracted jobs in Syracuse, Albany, and Buffalo. In her spare time she is involved in several outdoor activities including snowboarding, kickball, and hiking. Meghan is a valuable member to the Design Specialists’ team, as her skills continue to widen and grow throughout each project.
Interior Designer | President
Krista is the proud owner and president of Design Specialists, Inc. She is a professional member of ASID (American Society of Interior Designers) and has been involved with the industry for many years. She oversees all projects and prides herself on forming lasting relationships and providing exceptional customer service. Her pragmatic approach, listening to her clients needs and understanding their budget allows her to present solutions relative to the project. While being actively involved with all aspects of Design Specialists’, she also enjoys marketing the company and meeting new people. She feels it is important to build relationships with not just our customers, but vendors and other local companies as well. Her way of elaborating on what we do here is remarkable and she loves giving tours of our office as it gives a much better idea of what we are all about! Krista is also a team player when it comes to her employees, as her ability to create a fun, learning and creative environment for her employees is something that she strives for daily. In her spare time she enjoys traveling and painting as well as other things that provide a creative outlet.